Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the applesauce, sugars, eggs and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and mix until blended.
- Divide the batter in half. Add peanut butter and peanut butter chips to one portion and cocoa powder and chocolate chips to the other.
- Spoon the chocolate batter into 8 mounds in a checkerboard pattern into the prepared pan. Spoon 7 mounds of the peanut butter batter, placing it between the chocolate mounds. Using the tip of a knife, swirl the batters.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Per serving: 152 kcal cal., 5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 83 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 4 g pro., 41 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet