Pepper Seared Tuna with Cool Mango Relish
A chunky fruit sauce adds sweet taste to this fresh, light meal packed with omega-3s.
- 2 mangoes
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6 ounces fresh tuna steaks
- Cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Peel the mangoes and dice the flesh into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Place the mango relish in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly press the coarsely-ground black pepper into one side of each tuna steak. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the fish, pepper-side down, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook on both sides over medium-high heat until the fish is seared on the outside but still pink in the center
- Cut the seared tuna on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Mound the mango relish in the center of each plate. Arrange the tuna slices so they overlap and form a circle around the relish. Garnish with fresh, whole cilantro leaves.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 313 kcal cal., 9 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 214 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 40 g pro., 25 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet