Pichuberry Fruit Skewers
Pichuberries are native to the Andes of Peru and are deliciously sweet with a mildly tart finish when ripe. A 3/4 cup serving provides 39 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin D, and a nice amount of protein and heart healthy fats.
- 3/4 cup pichuberries, whole
- 3 cups pineapple, sliced and quartered
- Using wooden skewers, insert and alternate whole pichuberries with pieces of pineapple.
- Cook skewers for about ten minutes, turning and basting occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Recipe by Manuel Villacorta, R.D. author of Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet.
Per serving: 30 kcal cal., 0.1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 5 mg sodium, 0.7 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 0.4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet