Pineapple Baharat Sundae
- 1/2 ripe pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baharat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups slow-churned vanilla ice cream
- Hazelnut brittle, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . With a sharp knife, remove top, bottom, and outside skin of the pineapple. Quarter it vertically into 4 wedges, cut out the core, and cut each wedge crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Place in a baking dish.
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and baharat. Sprinkle mixture over pineapple slices and toss to coat completely. Add vanilla bean paste and toss again. Cut butter into small pieces and dot it on top of the pineapple. Bake until tender, caramelized, and aromatic, about 45 minutes, turning pieces every 15 minutes. Let cool until just slightly warm.
- With a blender or a food processor, pulse pineapple and any juices it has released, adding water as necessary to thin.
- Divide ice cream among serving bowls and top with pineapple sauce. Add hazelnut brittle if desired.
Per serving: 142 kcal cal., 5 g fat (2.9 g sat. fat), 22 g carb., 1 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet