- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 bunch basil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees . In a blender, process 2/3 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup pistachios, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Use a rolling pin to flatten pizza dough into a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 of the pesto over dough, top with mozzarella, and bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- While pizza bakes, add remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice, sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil to a small lidded jar and shake to combine. Toss arugula with enough dressing to coat. In a dry pan, lightly toast remaining 2 tablespoons pistachios, then roughly chop.
- When pizza is done, remove from oven and top with dressed arugula. Garnish with a pinch of Parmesan and chopped pistachios.
- Courtesy of Chef Jason Brooke, Zavino, Philadelphia