Pomegranate Mexican Slaw
In this Mexican-inspired slaw, only 1/4 cup of mayo is used (yes, regular mayo!), which is proof that a small amount of a high-fat ingredient can go a very long way!
- 3 cups shredded white cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 shredded carrots
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- In a large bowl toss the cabbage and carrots together.
- Pour lime juice over cabbage and carrots and toss.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and salt.
- Sprinkle in the chili flakes, pomegranate seeds, cashews, and cilantro.
- Toss and serve.
- Recipe provided by Lauren Lester of Wicked Spatula.
Per serving: 157 kcal cal., 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 13 g carb., 4 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet