Potato Huevos Rancheros
Baking a potato in the oven takes forever; a microwave takes only a fraction of the time! Stuff a Russet with scrambled eggs, avocado, and cheese and you've got yourself a full, healthy meal in 20 minutes flat.
- 1 potato, medium Russet
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup 2% Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 red tomato, small
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Cracks eggs into a small bowl pre-sprayed with non-stick spray or rubbed with oil. Scramble. Add the onion and spices. Whisk together well and microwave for 90 seconds or until fully cooked, stirred once halfway. Set eggs aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly toss together the avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the potato. Prick the potato with a fork several times and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Turn the potato over and microwave another 3-5 minutes until soft when poked with a fork.
- Cut the top of the potato open with a knife and mix in the egg mixture. Top with cheese and microwave another 30-45 seconds.
- Top with avocado mixture. Serve hot.
- Recipe by Angela Lemond, R.D.N., owner of Lemond Nutrition.
Per serving: 517 kcal cal., 26 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 47 g carb., 7 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 26 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet