Protein-Packed Kale Salad with Egg
Brown bag this kale salad for your next work lunch. It takes 15 minutes to toss together. Compliment it with a single-serve cup of nonfat Greek yogurt topped with sliced berries.
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 bunch kale, center rib removed, leaves finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Place kale in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the oil and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over kale and massage into leaves until kale wilts and gets soft. Sprinkle on pumpkin seeds and place eggs on top.
- Recipe and photo by Danielle Omar, R.D., creator of Nourish: 21 Days of Clean Eating
Per serving: 347 kcal cal., 28 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 16 g carb., 10 g fiber, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet