Provencal Chicken-Pesto Soup
This soup is filling on its own.
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken and return to a boil.
- Add beans, zucchini, and tomatoes; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (there should be no traces of pink) and zucchini is tender.
- Divide soup among 4 serving bowls and top each with a heaping teaspoon of pesto, 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan, and a few grinds of pepper.
Per serving: 323 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 28 g carb., 7 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 36 g pro., 133 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet