Fall is the time to devour anything pumpkin-flavored, and this naturally sweet breakfast won't leave you in a sugar coma a few hours later.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Sift pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt into wet ingredients. (Or combine all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.)
- Grease a skillet with 1 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil and spoon in batter to make pancakes of your desired size. Allow pancakes to cook for about 3 minutes. When a few bubbles appear, flip pancakes to finish cooking for another 3 minutes.
- To make vanilla bean coconut butter, combine coconut butter and vanilla extract or seeds, mixing well. Top pancakes with coconut butter, almond butter, sliced green bananas, or chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired.
- Recipe provided by Diane Sanfilippo, author of The 21-Day Sugar Detox (October 2013)
Per serving: 371 kcal cal., 23 g fat (10.5 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 9 g fiber, 22 g pro., 128 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet