Quick Roasted Sweet Potato with Yogurt, Walnuts, and Cilantro
This is not your ordinary baked potato. Sweet in taste, creamy in texture, this twist on the classic recipe can be whipped up as a healthy appetizer or side dish.
- 1 sweet potato, (white, orange or purple)
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sheeps milk yogurt or non fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Puncture the sweet potato with a knife in a few spots.
- Turn on the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Microwave the sweet potato for 4 minutes.
- Roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove sweet potato and cut in half. Sprinkle with pinch of salt.
- Spoon yogurt over the roasted sweet potato. Sprinkle on the walnuts, and add the scallion and cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Finish with Maldon salt and a little fresh ground black pepper. Eat immediately.
- Recipe provided by Chef Elizabeth Falkner.