Choose your favorite mushroom for this delicious vegetarian meal or side dish. But when selecting 'shrooms, look for ones that are firm with a fresh, smooth appearance. Surfaces should be dry and plump. And make sure to store mushrooms in their original packaging or in a porous paper bag and place in the fridge to help extend their shelf-life up to 7 days.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 10 - 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and salt, saute for about 4-5 minutes or until mushroom tender.
- Add Marsala wine and bring to medium-high heat to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in quinoa.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Recipe provided by Kristen Smith, R.D., of 360 Family Nutrition.
Per serving: 232 kcal cal., 11 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 24 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet