Rainbow Superfruit Popsicles
Taste the rainbow with these layered popsicles from Superfood Snacks. Using frozen fruit means that the flavors can be layered instantly, and helps the pops freeze faster too.
- 1 cup coconut water, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon maqui berry powder (optional)
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon camu berry powder
- Small handful baby spinach
- 5 drops liquid stevia per fruit base, if desired
- In a blender, puree 1/2 cup of the coconut water with the frozen blueberries and maqui berry powder. Taste for sweetness and add a little stevia to slightly over-sweeten the fruit. Blend the mixture once more and divide it between the popsicle molds, filling each 1/5 of the way. Place the molds in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Rinse the blender. Combine 1/2 cup of the apple juice and the frozen strawberries in the blender and puree. Blend in about 5 drops of stevia, or to taste. Fill each of the molds by another 1/5 and again, return molds to the freezer.
- Repeat with 1/2 cup coconut water, 3/4 cup of the frozen mango, and the goji berries for a third layer.
- For the fourth later, first puree the orange to liquefy. Then add frozen pineapple and camu berry powder and blend. Sweeten with stevia and fill molds another 1/5 and return to freezer.
- For fifth layer, puree remaining 1/2 cup of apple juice, the remaining 3/4 cup mango, and the baby spinach. Sweeten with stevia. Fill the last 1/5 of the molds and add popsicle sticks. Return the molds to the freezer to freeze completely, about 1 hour.
- Reprinted with permission from Superfood Snacks © 2015 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Oliver Barth.