Refreshing Sweet Potato Peach Smoothie
This peachy-keen smoothie packs a nutritional punch and tastes just as flavorful as it looks. Thanks to the secret ingredient of sweet potato, you'll get hearty dose of vitamin A and beta-carotene in each sip for brighter skin, better eyes, and a healthier immune system.
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree or steamed sweet potatoes
- 3 cups frozen organic peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) protein powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Recipe adapted from Clean Green Drinks by Candice Kumai, Galvanized Books, 2014
Per serving: 120 kcal cal., 2 g fat) (25 g carb., 3 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet