Rigatoni with Sausage and Kale
We scraped up the browned bits of food in the pan with broth, to make a simple sauce that's well-seasoned from the sausage.
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 8 ounces uncooked turkey sausage, sweet Italian variety
- 4 cups uncooked kale, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended
- Cook rigatoni in salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing and cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, until limp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in rigatoni; heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 314 kcal cal., 8.5 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 36 g carb., 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 23 g pro., 3 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet