Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 pound mixed new potatoes (red, yellow, and purple)
- 1 medium parsnip (about 1/4 pound)
- 1 medium turnip (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 small red onions (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut potatoes into 3/4- to 1-inch pieces. Peel parsnip and turnip and cut both into 3/4- to 1-inch pieces as well. Peel onions and cut into 1/2-inch segments, keeping the root end intact.
- Place potatoes, parsnip, turnip, and onion in a medium bowl and top with salt and olive oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with thyme, coriander, cumin, and paprika. Toss to coat and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 163 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 711 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 3 g pro., 47 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet