Roasted Tofu and Vegetable Napoleon
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into 8 sticks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 medium tomato, sliced crosswise into 4 pieces
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers (approximately 1/2 cup)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blend basil and olive oil to make a dressing.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice tofu into four pieces (about 2 inches square, 3/4 inch thick). Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. With a pastry brush, coat tofu, zucchini, and mushrooms with soy sauce and bake 5 minutes until brown. Set aside, without turning off oven.
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water. Parboil carrot and sweet potato slices until you can pierce with a knife, about 10 minutes.
- Place tofu and all vegetables in a lightly oiled pan and heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and stack (in order): mushroom, sweet potato, tomato, tofu, pepper, zucchini. Cross carrot sticks on top. Drizzle with basil oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 436 kcal cal., 35 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 6 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 17 g pro., 613 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet