Whip up a batch of this fruity sangria for your next get-together and be ready to share the recipe with your guests. The red wine donates heart-healthy antioxidants, and you'll get a produce perk from the sliced apples and oranges. Truly, it's a party in a pitcher.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red table wine
- 3/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 liter chilled seltzer (pomegranate, cranberry, berry, or orange flavored)
- Combine red wine, orange juice, orange liqueur, fruit, and cinnamon stick in a large pitcher. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove cinnamon stick and add seltzer into the pitcher right before serving. Stir all of the contents and pour into glasses.
- Recipe courtesy of From Junk Food To Joy Food: All the Foods You Love to Eat...Only Better by Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D.N., C.D.N
Per serving: 170 kcal cal.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet