Savory Beef Picadillo with Black Beans
This Cuban specialty is made even better with the addition of black beans. Enjoy it on its own or spooned over rice.
- 1 pound uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small uncooked onion, minced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 medium olives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons raisins chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef; drain fat and add beef to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir well to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Adjust seasonings before serving, if desired.
Per serving: 231 kcal cal., 5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 1237 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet