Savory Breakfast Quinoa
Swap oatmeal for quinoa and add veggies for a savory morning meal that's ready in minutes.
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 - 5 baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil (optional)
- 2 eggs, cooked to preference
- Place quinoa and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 9 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes until water is absorbed. Add spinach and let wilt. Stir in pepper and cheese (if using), and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired, and toss. Divide among bowls or plates and top with eggs.
- Recipe provided by Ann Fulton of FountainAvenueKitchen.com
Per serving: 376 kcal cal., 11.5 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 132 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 20 g pro., 85 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet