Savory Ginger Salmon
This simple meal is ideal for those with digestive issues. The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon contain anti-inflammatory properties, as does ginger, which strengthens the muscle movements of the GI tract.
- 1 pound salmon, halved
- 2 - 3 chopped scallions (green parts only)
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated ginger
- 0.2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place salmon in a small, oven safe pan or baking dish.
- Spread grated ginger over the salmon evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions over salmon.
- On a close-fitting dish, splash soy sauce over the salmon, enough to fully cover the sides and top.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes to desired doneness.
- Recipe provided by Dianne Rishikof, R.D.N., for Further Food.
Per serving: 409 kcal cal., 21 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 964 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 47 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet