Seasoned Jicama Fries
This root vegetable has a crispness that brings an entirely new texture and feel to fries for almost half the calories and carbs of potatoes. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into medium-sized fries*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat coconut oil in an heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave or in oven.
- Combine pepper, salt, chipotle powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl or shaker.
- Toss jicama fries in warm coconut oil to coat, and sprinkle on seasonings as you go.
- Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and spread fries on it evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve at once.
- *A mandoline makes quick work of creating your fries.
- Reprinted from Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods (October 2013) by Julie and Charles Mayfield
Per serving: 75 kcal cal., 4 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 6 g fiber, 1 g pro., 16 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet