Shaved Fennel, Celery, and Parsley Salad
Celebrity chef Marco Canora focuses on the health-boosting properties of food in his new cookbook A Good Food Day. Here, he shares the book's celery-starring salad.
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, stalks discarded
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 celery stalks (choose the ones on the inside of the heart the pale green stalks)
- 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shavings, for garnish (optional)
- Cut the fennel bulb in quarters lengthwise through the core. Slice each quarter thinly on a mandolin (to make about 1 packed cup). Thinly slice the red onion and celery heart stalks.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, onion, celery slices and leaves, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Top with Parmesan shavings if you like.
- Recipe provided by chef Marco Canora, author of A Good Food Day