Shaved Vegetables & Arugula with Kefir-Chia Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches medium radishes, such as red or Easter Egg
- 3 large radishes, like black or watermelon
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 carrot
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled
- 1 shallot
- 1 tart apple, cored
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, mint, and dill leaves, torn
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kefir-Chia Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon
- Using a mandoline, slice the radishes, fennel, carrot, rutabaga, shallot, and apple very thinly. Add them to a large bowl with arugula, avocado, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among plates and zest the lemon on top.
- Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 garlic clove grated on a Microplane zester, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup plain full-fat kefir, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, and a pinch each of coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to a jar. Seal and shake until very well combined. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe by chef Seamus Mullen, author of Real Food Heals: Eat to Feel Younger & Stronger Every Day.
Per serving: 281 kcal cal., 20 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 373 mg sodium, 9 g fiber, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet