Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
This recipe is so comforting on cold winter days. Lean Canadian bacon adds a hint of smokiness..
- 2 medium uncooked carrots, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 ribs (medium) uncooked celery, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium uncooked onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dry lentils, picked over
- 3 leaves bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 8 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked Canadian-style bacon, diced (4 or 5 slices)
- Place ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker in the following order: carrots, celery, onion, garlic, lentils, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, and broth. Cover slow cooker; cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- Uncover, stir in bacon and heat for 30 minutes more; remove bay leaves.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 245 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 1123 mg sodium, 16 g fiber, 21 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet