Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Seasoned canned tomatoes and Italian turkey sausage add instant zest to chili. Try tomatoes with different seasonings to vary the flavor of your dish.
- 1 pound uncooked turkey sausage, hot-Italian variety
- 15 ounces undrained canned pinto beans
- 14 1/2 ounces undrained canned diced tomatoes, with chilies
- 14 1/2 ounces undrained canned diced tomatoes, with garlic and onions
- 1 medium uncooked onion, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a 4-quart or large slow cooker; break up meat with a spoon. Add beans, both cans of diced tomatoes with their liquid and onion; stir.
- Cover slow cooker; cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in salt and pepper; garnish with chopped onion if desired and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 308 kcal cal., 10 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 27 g carb., 7 g fiber, 28 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet