So-Easy Veggie Fried Rice
Transform leftover brown rice into something special with this healthy spin on a Chinese classic. Add chopped chicken or shrimp for a main meal.
- Cooking spray
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 2 medium uncooked scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh, minced ginger root
- 1 1/2 cups cooled cooked brown rice
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg and swirl to coat pan; cook egg through, remove to a plate and break egg up into small pieces with a fork.
- Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add scallions, pepper, peas and carrots, garlic and ginger to skillet; saute for 5 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Stir in cooked egg, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar; serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 136 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 229 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 5 g pro., 19 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet