Soju Watermelon Punch
Perfect for backyard barbecues, this refreshing and boozy punch combines fresh watermelon with the Korean liquor soju.
- 1 small seedless watermelon, chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 1 1/2 bottles soju, chilled
- 1/2 cup Sprite
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Cut off the top of the watermelon and scoop out the guts, placing them into a blender with honey and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds to a minute, working in batches if necessary.
- Pass puree through a strainer into large bowl to remove all pulp, and skim off foam.
- Add soju and soda to watermelon puree, stirring to combine. Taste and add more honey to sweeten or lemon juice to brighten, if necessary. Pour punch into hollowed-out watermelon bowl. Add ice cubes and allow to chill for 10 minutes. Set entire watermelon in a bowl of crushed ice and serve.
- Reprinted from Koreatown: A Cookbook. Copyright © 2016 by Deuki Hong and Matt Rodbard. Photograph copyright © 2016 by Gabi Porter. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
- Photo credit: Gabi Porter