Soy Sauce Chicken
Grilled chicken gets a super savory upgrade with Chef Brad Spence's flavorful marinade.
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 whole chicken, split
- Olive oil
- Mix together soy sauces, sugar, vinegar, jalapeno, garlic, and ginger. Pour 3/4 over the chicken and let marinate for 6 to 12 hours. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Remove chicken from marinade and rub with olive oil, reserving marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for about 45 minutes. While grilling, brush with the marinade you had set aside every 10 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 15 minutes. While resting, boil the marinade you had reserved from the chicken in a small pot.
- Cut chicken into portions and top with cooked marinade.
- Recipe provided by Chef Brad Spence of Vetri Family Restaurants, Philadelphia.