Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
This easy, gourmet snack uses five simple pantry items, included canned chickpeas (or garbanzo beans). To minimize salt, look for canned beans and lentils with no added salt.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry off chickpeas with a gentle rub of a towel to remove most of the moisture.
- Into a large bowl combine oil, spices, and salt. Add chickpeas and toss.
- Spread out evenly onto baking sheet and roast until golden and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container. Chef's note: For extra crispiness, after 30 minutes let the peas cool for 5 minutes, then roast for another 10.
- Recipe provided by Gail Watson, founder of A Healthy Hunger.
Per serving: 84 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet