Spiked Chocolate Mousse Cake
A sinfully delicious dessert that's guilt-free.
- 12 double ladyfingers, split
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons plain gelatin
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces frozen, light nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 7 ounce package amaretti cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Line sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine milk and gelatin. Let mixture stand for 2 minutes, then stir over medium heat until the gelatin dissolves (don't boil). Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips; stir in marshmallow creme and gelatin mixture until smooth. With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Mix in cocoa powder. Add gelatin mixture a spoonful, at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Add 1/3 of mousse to springform pan. Sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Drizzle 3 teaspoons of coffee liqueur on top. Repeat layers: mousse, crumbs, and liqueur. Top with more mousse and pecans. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for four hours.
Per serving: 350 kcal cal., 10 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 55 g carb., 2 g fiber, 31 g sugar, 9 g pro., 103 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet