Spinach and Bacon Recipe
Enjoy all the flavor of bacon, without too much fat and calories, by using it like you would an herb in this delicious spinach and bacon recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- Coat a medium skillet with the olive oil and fry the bacon over high heat until dark and crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Drain out all but about 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low, and add the garlic. Saute until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add the vinegar and allow to reduce slightly.
- Add the spinach and a drizzle of olive oil and toss until the spinach is well coated and beginning to wilt, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, top with the crispy bacon bits, and serve immediately.
- Nutritional information is based on using 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Per serving: 111 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 163 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 5 g pro., 147 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet