Spring Pea-and-Spinach Matcha Soup With Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 large leek, white and pale green part only, halved lengthwise, sliced, and rinsed well
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups shelled fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons dill, plus more for garnish
- 8 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek, season with salt, and cook, stirring often, until very soft but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk matcha with hot water until dissolved; set aside.
- Add broth to leeks and bring to a boil. Add peas and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes for fresh peas and 2 minutes for frozen. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, parsley, dill, and matcha water. Using an immersion blender (or a stand blender, working in batches), carefully puree until very smooth. (For a thinner soup, add a little water.) Season to taste with salt.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with shrimp, drizzle with oil, and garnish with dill.
Per serving: 297 kcal cal., 12 g fat (1.7 g sat. fat), 26 g carb., 8 g fiber, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet