Spring Pea Shoot and Radish Salad
The simple, light salad is still hearty enough to be a satisfying lunch. The crisp and bitter radishes compliment the tender pea shoots, while the walnuts add crunch and the blue cheese lends a touch of creaminess.
- 4 cups loosely packed pea shoots (or usewatercress if you can't find pea shoots)
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 dried figs, halved
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine pea shoots, radishes, figs, blue cheese and walnuts. Toss. Divide into 2 bowls.
- Drizzle each bowl with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve.
- Recipe provided by Jenny Shea Rawn, R.D.
Per serving: 263 kcal cal., 11 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 33 g carb., 7 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet