Steak Salad with Creamy Lemon Caesar
Mix tender bits of beef with leafy greens and top with this guilt-free creamy dressing for a scrumptious meal.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or red bliss potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, or 1 tbsp dried
- 1 pound flank steak
- 12 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- 12 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 8 ounce container nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovies, or 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cooking spray
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and rosemary in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Scatter on baking sheet. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak in oil for 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Add 1/4 cup of water to a skillet and stir over low heat for 1 1/2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits that have stuck to bottom of the pan. Set aside. Cut the steak on a diagonal into thin slices. Keep warm.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add skillet juices and pulse to combine.
- Place romaine in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, potatoes, and dressing; toss to combine. Portion the salad among 6 large plates. Top with an equal amount of steak and Parmesan cheese.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 349 kcal cal., 11 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 535 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 25 g pro., 181 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet