Stir-Fried Chili-Garlic Tofu with Vegetables
Tofu has never been tastier!
- 1 16 ounce package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly-sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh chili peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 4 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1 15 ounce can baby corn, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- Put the tofu between two cutting boards; tip boards over the sink edge and drain liquid for 30 minutes. Cut into small cubes.
- In a wok over high heat, sizzle the tofu in 1 1/2 tablespoons of hot oil for 5 minutes. Add the next three ingredients; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Remove from the wok. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok. Stir-fry remaining vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining soy sauce. Serve the vegetables topped with tofu mixture. Pass extra soy sauce.
Per serving: 362 kcal cal., 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 838 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 25 g pro., 874 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet