Stir-fry Mu Shu Vegetables with Chicken
Mix meat and veggies with this ginger-inspired sesame sauce and wrap the medley in tortillas for a knock-out meal.
- 4 dried black Chinese mushrooms or dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage or packaged cole slaw mix
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat or spinach tortillas
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Soak dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup of warm water for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve mushroom liquid. Remove and discard any stems and thinly slice caps.
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until no longer pink. Add cabbage, carrot, zucchini, green onions, reserved mushrooms and mushroom liquid and stir-fry for 1 minute, until cabbage wilts. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer 1 minute, until liquid thickens. Remove from heat.
- Wrap tortillas in plastic and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce on each tortilla. Add chicken and vegetable mixture and roll up.
Per serving: 323 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 985 mg sodium, 15 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 35 g pro., 59 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet