Strawberry, Mango, and Wax Bean Salad With Chile Vinaigrette
- Kosher salt
- 2 dried guajillo or New Mexico chiles
- 12 ounces wax beans, trimmed
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 honey mango
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Put the chiles in a bowl that fits them snugly and pour enough of the boiling water over them to cover. Weigh down the chiles with a plate and soak until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the beans to the boiling water. Cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, immediately, rinse under cold water until cool, and drain again. Hull and cut the strawberries into wedges. Peel, pit, and cut the mango into thin slices.
- Drain the chiles and discard the stems. Cut in quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lime zest and juice, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt.
- Add the beans, strawberries, and mango and fold until well-coated. Season with salt. Top with pepitas.
Per serving: 140 kcal cal., 6 g fat (0.8 g sat. fat), 7 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet