Strawberry Salad with Almonds and Feta
The tart sweetness in strawberries compliments the flavor of salad greens. Sprinkle with almonds and feta, and you've got a seasonal salad that covers four food groups.
- 1 - 2 heaping handfuls dark, leafy greens
- 1 heaping handful strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or any berry fruit infused oil or vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.
- Recipe by Robin Plotkin, R.D.
Per serving: 311 kcal cal., 27 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 181 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet