Strawberry-Spinach Ricotta Toasts
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 piece ginger (1/2 inch)
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 thick slices seeded whole-grain bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Place berries cut side down on baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Grate ginger over a small bowl and squeeze out juice. Remove ginger and reserve; stir ricotta into juice.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute shallot in oil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and cook until softened. Add ginger and stir; add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to heat, raise heat to high, and add remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Toast bread and top with ricotta mixture, spinach, and strawberries. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Per serving: 323 kcal cal., 11 g fat (4.3 g sat. fat), 42 g carb., 9 g fiber. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet