Summer Squash, Nectarine, and Ricotta Pizza
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- Fine cornmeal, for baking sheet
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 very small zucchini or other summer squashes or a combination of varieties, very thinly sliced
- 2 small nectarines, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees . On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 14-inch circle. Lightly sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal and transfer dough to sheet. Brush off any extra cornmeal.
- Spread ricotta evenly over dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then arrange squash and nectarine over cheese, overlapping decoratively. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until top and edges of pizza are brown in spots, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle pizza with oil and garnish with lemon zest and basil leaves. Cut into wedges and serve.
Per serving: 472 kcal cal., 16 g fat (6.4 g sat. fat), 725 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 19 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet