This classic holiday favorite has a delicious twist. In this recipe, the blend of molasses, cranberries, oranges, and apples brings a sweet and spicy flavor. The rich hue brightens up any dinner table, and you can use the leftover sauce for pancakes in the morning.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) fresh cranberries, washed and stemmed
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (available in specialty food stores)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- Combine cranberries, orange, pomegranate molasses, and sugar in a food processor. Puree for about 30 seconds or until fruit is finely chopped
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in apple. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Per serving: 55 kcal cal., 0.5 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 0.5 mg sodium, 0.5 g fiber, 0.5 g pro., 10 mg calcium, 0.5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet