Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts Hash
This hearty vegetarian breakfast is filled with sweet, spice, and vitamins and minerals.
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 ounce package veggie crumbles
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound (3 cups) brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium pot, bring eight cups water to a boil. Add sweet potato and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, and saute about 2 minutes until soft. Stir in veggie crumbles, paprika, and cayenne, and cook another 3 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in red pepper and sweet potato, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes until cooked through but still firm. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe provided by Sara Hohn of HomemadeLevity.com
Per serving: 235 kcal cal., 4 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 466 mg sodium, 12 g fiber, 24 g pro., 167 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet