Sweet Potato and Chive Dip
You'd never know this rich, creamy, savory dip is nearly fat-free. It's ideal to bring to summer picnics and parties with crudites or pita chips for dunking.
- 1 medium (or 2 small) sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet white miso paste
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely diced chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash sweet potato and prick several times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, until it can be easily pierced with a knife. Remove from oven, cover baking sheet loosely with tin foil, and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, remove skins from sweet potato (discard or save them for another use). Place sweet potato flesh in a mixing bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add sweet potato and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Puree until smooth, adding salt to taste. Garnish with extra chives.
- Recipe provided by Laura Lea Bryant, certified health-supportive chef, of LLBalanced.com
- Nutrition information based on 2 tablespoons per serving.
Per serving: 40 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 150 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 2 g pro., 17 mg calcium. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet