Sweet Potato Fries with Ginger and Cilantro
What's a burger without French fries? These baked sweet potato fries are low in fat and high in flavor, thanks to Asian seasonings like cilantro, ginger, and sesame.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Red chili flakes
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise into fry-shaped pieces.
- In large bowl, coat fries with cornstarch, shaking off any excess flour. Spray fries with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt; mix to make sure fries are coated all over.
- Spread fries out on large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove fries from oven and immediately toss with cilantro, ginger, sesame seeds, chili flakes, and sea salt. Place in serving bowl and enjoy.
- Recipe proved by Executive Chef Andreas Roller from Nick + Stef's Steakhouse in Los Angeles
- Photo credit: Marcella Thompkins