Sweet Potato Marshmallow Gratin
This candied casserole is a classic holiday treat.
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine potatoes. Pour orange juice mixture over the potatoes; toss to coat well.
- Spritz an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Place potatoes, a handful at a time, in the dish and spread them so that the orange and white slices are evenly distributed. Sprinkle 10 to 12 mini-marshmallows on top of this layer. Repeat process, creating five layers, until you almost reach the top of the baking dish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and seal tightly to hold in moisture; bake for 1 hour.
- Top with remaining marshmallows and brown sugar.
- Re-cover with foil and bake 30 more minutes. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 322 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 74 g carb., 6 g fiber, 25 g sugar, 5 g pro., 72 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet