Sweet Potato Souffle
Baked until golden brown, satiate your appetite with this dish, drizzled with a syrupy pineapple sauce.
For the souffle:
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons light butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a souffle or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on the lowest setting, beat together the sweet potatoes and sugar. Add egg whites, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat the mixture until its fluffy and lump-free. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter. Microwave on high until melted (about 30 seconds). Stir in the flour and pineapple. Drizzle the topping over the sweet-potato mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 230 kcal cal., 4 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 46 g carb., 1 g fiber, 38 g sugar, 3 g pro., 40 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet