Sweet Potato Tater Tots
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, skin on, shredded (use the large holes in a grater)
- 1 medium yellow onion, shredded and drained
- 2 tablespoons oat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, stirring with a spoon to mix well. Add egg whites and mix again. Using your hands, shape mixture into small tots approximately 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil and bake until crispy, about 22 to 25 minutes. (These won't be as crunchy as traditional tots since those are fried. Keeping the skin on in this recipe will increase the texture of the tots.)
- Recipe provided by Whitney and Tiffany of He and She Eat Clean
- Nutrition information based on 10 tots per serving.
Per serving: 134 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 397 mg sodium, 4.5 g fiber, 4.5 g pro., 49 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet