Sweet Scarlett Grapefruit Brulee and Ricotta
A touch of brown sugar and a little heat makes grapefruit wedges totally dessert-worthy.
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup shelled, peeled pistachios
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 wedges red grapefruit
- Honey or agave (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sea salt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use a food processor to chop pistachios.
- Use a culinary torch or oven broiler to melt the brown sugar across the grapefruit wedges.
- Arrange grapefruit over ricotta and garnish with pistachio dust. Drizzle with honey or agave if desired.
- Adapted with permission from Haylie Duff and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts
- Photo credit: The Wonderful Company