Sweet Tea Pickles
Amazingly, tea can be used to flavor pickles. In this simple, sweet pickle recipe, combine black tea with sugar and vinegar, then jar and refrigerate it to create killer pickles for a refreshing snack.
- 3 medium pickling cucumbers, sliced thin
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Slice cucumbers and lemons (if using) and add to 16 oz glass jar, or container with lid.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour water over tea bags in a heat-safe bowl and steep for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining water, vinegar, and sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Discard tea bags and add tea to vinegar mixture.
- Pour over cucumbers and cool to room temperature on counter.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 days and up to 2 months.
- Recipe provided by Emily Cooper, R.D., of Sinful Nutrition.
Per serving: 31 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 2 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet